.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

now, who's interested in poetry???

A friend of mine shared one of his cool pieces. They can really touch something from within. (weee super cheesy!) Anyway, here goes one.

My window pane is starred with frost,
the world is bitter and cold tonight.
The moon is cruel while the wind
is like a two-edged sword to smite.

God pity all the homeless ones,
the beggars pacing to and fro.
God pity all the poor tonight,
who walks the lamp-lit aisles of snow.

My room is like a bit of june,
warm, cozy curtained fold on fold.
But somewhere, like a homeless child,
my heart is crying in the cold.


This poem was written by "aaronsmith".

Anyway, as we go on in life, I will be incorporating social issues into this blog. This is only a start.

2 replies. CLICK! to reply:

Anonymous said...

sweet poetry is sometimes what we need.

CK Espanol said...

Deep.. :)
I like the contrast between the cold night and the warm room.. Nice.. :)