.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

THBT debate is synonymous to Brain Drain !

....... For the pictures, I used a sony cybershot T700 camera ................

Have you ever tried debating? Have you ever argued until the last drop of your soul is giving up? Our school held a very exciting activity last September 23, 2009. The ACADEMIC OLYMPICS. Each college competed in categories (DEBATE, essay, super random quiz bee, SPELLING BEE, declamation, and  oration in filipino and english) given out by the coordinating council. The colleges picked out the best of the best and the hidden talents of their department to represent them in the competition.


I was asked to join the debate team. Ironic since I'm already supervising the essay writing team, since writing is my forte. I don't really speak in public since I'm shy (believe me lol!) .


This is my journeyClIcK TO rEaD mORe!


thanks so much for clicking! I hid this text because, it's confidential. Okay, not really. But, I'd like to tell you that debating is a very healthy and exciting sport. so there. thanks again for visiting this site, and click - follow over there at the right or click the "reply" thing at the top of this post below the title to comment. keep reading!






^Mr. Samson giving instructions^




All teams were excusedfrom 0730 hours to 1930 hours of 9/23/9. The olympics started off with doxology, singing of national anthem and encouraging words from the facilitators.


The outstanding debaters of the College of Liberal Arts





 ^Gemma, Aishia, Fritz, Enzo^
 
^Carl, Aishia, Fritz, Enzo^

^Anthony, Fritz^



^Raffy, Fritz, Dexter, Shiandy, Aishia, Enzo, Carl^


----Adjudicators and facilitators ----


 
^A.R., Anna, Kristian, =?= sir Farland^


The debate mechanics were that all teams should compete against 5 other teams during 5 rounds with the same motion for all teams at the same time.  The team with the highest points get to be in the top 8 who will compete the next day.

 Sadly, My team did not make it to top eight. maybe we were last in line but, see, we learned ... and enjoyed and rebutted all that is to be rebutted ladies and gentlemen. As I have stated a while back, the main issue here is that... lol


Anyway, some other snap shots:

CLICK ON IMAGES FOR EXTRA LARGER VIEW!!













2 replies. CLICK! to reply:

Anonymous said...

debate really is brain drain!

Anonymous said...

my last debate class was in my third year,
i'll be having my argdep class by next year...
my expectations was quite high, b'coz sir farland was the teacher there!