.

Saturday, October 3, 2009

¿dn s,ʇɐɥʍ ¡ʎǝɥ ONDOY-PARMA


¿dn s,ʇɐɥʍ ¡ʎǝɥ

So what's up? Me? nothing much. just reminiscing the days when I actually thought santa was real. Okay that's a bit far. I'd like to relate to the panic brought about by the stupid weather forecast lately reported by the weather station (here in the Philippines).

Typhoon Ondoy flooded major cities last week and water levels are still roof high-- as of post time. different countries have donated goods for the victims of the storm and in behalf of the Philippine blogosphere and the filipino nation, I would like to express gratitude over all the help you have given. back to poverty time.






October 1st, Thursday

 6:00pm
The weather reports (according to the Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration) said that the category five storm will touch the archipelago at October 2nd, 6:30 in the evening. Signal 1 declared  in most places including mine.

October 2nd, Friday 

12:00nn-- 
I was wearing formal wear (because I was super ready to report) on the way to class when text messages flooded my phone asking and saying that the classes are suspended for the afternoon. [GREaaaT! I'm in stoopid formal wear]

 2:00pm--
The awards night everyone in my college was waiting for was cancelled and moved to another date. Amazing, cause this is the first time I have ever seen a hotel reservation get postponed. [uhm, they suspended classes. The awards night is not a class, right?]

5:30pm--
Facebook statuses exploded with statements of hatred and dilemmas.
"this is such a superfake storm, there aren't any houses flying".
"the awards night was postponed for a stupid weather report".
"classes are suspended, therefore, no allowance".

6:30pm--
The still calmness of the air gives no sign of the impending storm. News programs are claiming that the storm will approach three hours later.

9:30pm--
Drizzles and winds start to disturb sleep. Of course I wasn't sleeping. I stayed up till 12 midnight reading Bob Ong and Archie alternately. Listening to the winds and raindrops that I thought were as big as lemons. I was thinking of watching TV but it would lose satellite contact anyway, so why bother.

October 3rd Saturday

8:00am--

Weather forecasts said that the storm has changed course. {hooray?} Our roof was barely clinging on. Winds are 110 Kph.

12:00nn--
The winds and rains are tandem to the highest power. Every umbrellas opened flip outward. Dang Fibrellas get demoted to povertyumbrellas. Everyone burst into laughter everytime a new umbrella flip outwards.
 1:30pm--
I was at the city proper waiting for groupmates for schoolwork. I needed coffee, blankets and ten cups of soup. I swear, I was seeing snowflakes. haha. Anyway, small tidal waves hit the sidewalk as cars pass by/ Luckily I was at the far end. Oops! I wasn't safe after all. I got splashed at.


9:00pm--
Winds rains and thunder continue to batter rooftops. And carry small kittens away. I was worried a snake could be flown into my indow.

So, the storm has changed course, huh?

****************************

When I was in high school, there was an earthquake drill announced during the flag ceremony. This was to monitor the speed of the students in vacating the buildings in case of earthquakes, fire or emergencies. The signal to run outside was: a continuous ring of the bell.

So the bell rang and everyone started for the door, when our [young and pretty] teacher shouted "OKAY, FORM YOUR LINES OUTSIDE .....!".

I was like : WHAT? it's an earthquake drill. You won't be lining up during the real thing would you?


. ang anemic ba ay naha-high blood? comment up!

3 replies. CLICK! to reply:

Unknown said...

HEY THERE, HOW ARE YOU? THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY BLOG, IT IS REALLY A DEVASTATING FUCKING UNDOY HUH...

Anonymous said...

I really hate pepeng. The classes weren't suspended until tuesday..... brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

charchar said...

hahaha! naaalala ko nung highschool. kailangan pa talaga nating pumila.

oi pera meron ung time di tayo pumila.

hehehe! ung nadeclare na may bomba daw sa UB. hahahahaha! yehey!